Weekly Blog 2 : Bridge design exploration 【CAGD 495】

Before working on the next object, I completely misunderstood the concept of the bridge. I thought that my idea was passed and I could follow it, but other teammates wanted a different design for the bridge. So, I recreated it by following the gate which was created by another teammate. For this time, I think my new bridge idea was passed.

 
 For the bridge support, I designed its shape to reflect the idea of other teammates, and used the Smooth Mesh Preview tool to create its shape.
While editing mesh after conversion preview to mesh, I realized that it'll be hard to edit a sharp edge. To avoid this problem I thought that I needed more edges BEFORE conversion to mesh. I can decrease edges anytime I want, but It is hard to add extra edges after conversion. Edge loops after conversion has a possibility that it will make extra edges which are no longer needed. I tried to make the surface smooth as well as possible, but some vertex on the surface is still in my mind. I created 1 side first, duplicated it, and merged.



For the main bridge part, I also reflected the ideas of other teammates and created its shape. General working flow is the same as the bridge support. I am working in progress on the crossroad and thinking what kind of shape or monument fits.

For the bottom part, I added because the bridge will look more powerful.

I was especially focusing on the shape of the border of the needle part and the bridge part. This part is the most that its shape was changed after conversion to meshes. Making on the reflection, I increased the edges before conversion. So I could change its shape easily and nicely.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week5 Sprint

Sprint 2 CAGD 495

Sprint 5 CAGD 495