Weekly Blog 1 : Planning

    For this semester, my goal is to make a strong portfolio for working on the video game company. I am going to graduate on this semester and this semester is a final semester that I can create student portfolio. 
    My second goal is to finish up my work with following a plan. During a previous semester, to be honest, I cannot say that I could follow a plan. Through this project, I'd like to learn how to make a good progress.

1st Option (Preferred)
Since a beginning of August, I've been working on my personal portfolio. That is a 3D environmental art which is based on my home city in Japan, existing city. 


I was planning to finish up this portfolio when I finished up the square before the station in my home town. But, if this plan can be a senior portfolio, I'd like to expand the area and props to create. 

Timeline

Week 1 & 2
・Decide how much I will expand
・Decide the angle and area to render
・Keep working on modeling & UV

Week 3 & 4
・Modeling in a square area
- if possible, finish up, then check that there's other things need to be modeled

Week 5 & 6
・Modeling and UV 2 existing monuments in ZBrush, retopology in Maya
・Finish up the modeling and UV in a square area
・Start working on the other area

Week 7 & 8
・Modeling 

Week 9 & 10
・Finish modeling and UV

Week 11 & 12
・Texturing a half

Week 13 & 14
・Texturing for render in Unreal Engine
・As soon as it'll be over, export to Unreal Engine and set up a texture node

Week 15
・Set up a wireframe material
・Rendering both of final rendering and wireframe rendering
・Present my work in the class


2nd Option
I am planning to create a modular set of restaurant (diner) which seems to be on free way in country side. If I make a game with this, I'd like to make a simulator game (first person view) to run the restaurant. It won't be too much volume and I thought that this is suitable to this 15 weeks range. 





Timeline

Week 1 & 2
・Collect references as well as possible
・To list things and props to put in a scene
・Make a rough concept design art
・Start modeling

Week 3 & 4
・Modeling walls, floors, ceilings, and other things which will be base of the scene
・Check the scale carefully with checking references

Week 5 & 6
・Modeling props, tables, chairs, and other kitchen stuff
・Start modeling from necessary things

Week 7 & 8
・Modeling and UV
・If they will be finished soon, start modeling cars and plants as needed

Week 9 & 10
・Finish modeling and UV

Week 11 & 12
・Texturing a half

Week 13 & 14
・Texturing for render in Unreal Engine
・As soon as it'll be over, export to Unreal Engine and set up a texture node

Week 15
・Set up a wireframe material
・Rendering both of final rendering and wireframe rendering
・Present my work in the class

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week5 Sprint

Sprint 2 CAGD 495

Sprint 5 CAGD 495