Weekly Blog 3

My goal for this week is to finish up the modeling of stool, counter, counter corner, and  tables. To be honest, I do not think that I could reach this goal because I could only create stool counter, and counter corner. To reflect the timeline, I'd like to change pitch and decide the day to do per week. In general, I am planning to create 16 pieces and 7 weeks more to work on modeling. I'd like to finish up at least 4 pieces per week and start modeling props on the outside.





Faces are about 1200 and I think it is not too much faces.
To start this, I duplicated a blockout object and edited its shape. During editing process, I was so helped by subdivision tool to sculpt a rounded shape of stool. I changed it to polygon by Modify > Convert > Smooth Mesh Preview to polygon. 
Of course, I could not use that mesh as it because number of polygon is so heavy. I deleted many looped edges by keeping its shape. I guess the player won't look at the detail of footrest too much, so I keep the joint of footrest and the center pole cubic.





For counter part, I changed its shape from the blockout a little bit. I made the front shape rounded and added a line. I deleted extra edges on the side and decreased some polygons.
For the corner part, I changed its size 2 times bigger for each X and Z direction. The reason is that I also wanted to create rounded shape in inside of the counter. If I keep its size and make outside rounded, the inside angle will be right angle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week5 Sprint

Sprint 2 CAGD 495

Sprint 5 CAGD 495