330 week 6 lego

 


Lego project which I am trying to create is little bit big one, so I need more 3 times of this amount of Lego pieces. 
What I am focusing on during creating blocks is a relationship of each piece and the formal size of Lego. I always using a ruler for 1/3 or 1 Lego length and the size of protrusion. A size of protrusion is always related to the bottom of the Lego blocks and if I missed the size of bottom, it's gonna hard to fix them. To be honest, it was. 



Second thing I am focusing on is a nice geometry. I always careful to not create N-gons and triangles. Check that the object will be nice when subdivided. When I added a other rectangular-cube protrusion below, I needed to change geometries around of that. At least it took more that 30 minutes to edit geometries. According to the lecture, I sometimes scrape 3 way edges and make it 1 as well as I can. 



In this assignment, I am really realized that the importance of measure tool. Points for the edge of measure tool is all vertical and easier to check that the side are vertical or not. We can also snip to the edge of measure tools. The most case I use is when I tried to make a hole below. As above, relationships of each Lego blocks are really important for this assignment and it is hard to check the size of protrusion and below in a same time. That why I use measure tools and their vertical lines many times.


I type and research the made number of the Lego piece and working with referencing the image, the number is on the Lego catalog. There's always images from below view and so helpful to create models. Especially, a structure of the below is different in each size of Lego (for example, one big tube for 2 by 2 size block but one little tube for 2 by 1 piece). 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sprint 2 CAGD 495

Sprint 5 CAGD 495

Game Scene Final Project Post