Weekly Blog 7 : Juke Box

     For this week, I was modeling a retro Jukebox. My plan was to model more than 3 models, so it did not reach my goal. The reason is that I did not understand the structure of the Jukebox well and the shape is complicated to model.

    The key technique for this week is a combination of different objects/meshes. If all meshes are connected in a complicated shape object, there’re lots of edges and faces. I modeled each piece in separate objects.


Other tube was created by a sweep tool. But the image above is created by duplicated faces from the body of Jukebox. The reason why I chose this process is because I wanted to make a border natural. If every vertex on the mesh border is not matching, holes can be seen from the gap and need extra faces.

For menu pads, they are almost separate objects, pole structure and blade structure objects are all separated. I am planning to add an emission map, so there's mesh on the back of them and a part of the base of the menu pad. 

For the wire frame, I created it from the plane object. I deleted unnecessary faces and excluded every faces with turning off Keep Faces Together. After that, delete selected faces and the shape is almost done.

I also created a record player inside. I could not find the exact structure of a record player in the Juke box, so I created it with some reference images.
Total faces are almost 2200, This object can be placed only one in the game scene (diner), so I think there's an option that this can be more detailed. However, the player won't see carefully and any details can be expressed with texture and decals. Thus, I chose the option that be focusing on the detail which player will see.

To reflect this half of the project, there's no problem and everything is following the schedule. But the extra option to create a car does not seem to be done. This is just my concern. I'll finish up modeling and UV in next 3-4 weeks and after that, I'll do texturing, decals, and setup to render in Unreal Engine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week5 Sprint

Sprint 2 CAGD 495

Sprint 5 CAGD 495