330 Weekly Blog Post 6

 


For This week, to be honest, I spent a lot of time to research and set up the dimensions at the point of Monday. That is why I could only make a curve of beginning.
The first reason why I spent many times is that there's no top view of Mini Cooper 1963 which I am trying to make in Maya. I found a blueprint with top view but it is for the made of 1964. I was staring and comparing each models, 1963 and 1964. The length of bonnet is a big difference but there's no other big difference, so I decided to refer the shape from top view of 1964 but I won't trace it. 
Second reason is that I wanted to know an exact specs of Mini Cooper 1963. In the list of the specs of the car, I did not make sense some parameters. So I researched the measurement instructions and made ruler with measure tool. I made height, width, length, wheelbase, front track, and rear track rulers. I measured correctly but there's still a problem that the ratio of length and wheelbase length is different with blueprint. So I think that the length is little bit designed  bigger. 
I learned how to use pure ref and noticed that this software will be best supporting tool to do this project.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sprint 2 CAGD 495

Sprint 5 CAGD 495

Game Scene Final Project Post